Thank you for choosing the Diabetic and Wound Care Clinic of St. George for your care. Ultimately, you are the most important member of your health care team. You do the day-to-day things to manage diabetes like choosing healthy foods, being physically active, and taking your medication.
The other members of your health care team are your advisors and coaches. They can inform you regarding treatment options and they can also administer those treatments. Additionally, your health care team will keep track of your physical exams, lab tests and will educate and empower you to live effectively with diabetes.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOUR FIRST VISIT
- Fill out Patient Registration and Insurance Registration forms (available online)
- Write your blood glucose check results in your log book every day
- Keep a list of questions you have
- Make a list of the medicines, vitamins and supplements you take. Include over-the-counter medicines. List when, why, how much you take, and if you need any refills.
- Your blood glucose meter, log book and questions
- Any new medications, vitamins and supplements you take. Include over-the-counter medicines. Make a list of when, why, how much you take, and if you need any refills.
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOU ARE IN THE EXAM ROOM
- Show your provider your questions
- Have your log book and meter ready. Discuss blood glucose patterns
- Show your provider your medicines and other remedies
- Take off your shoes and socks in preparation for a foot check
- Bring up any physical or emotional issues you are having such as trouble sleeping or feeling anxious.